Smoking is an illusion…cravings are an illusion. We create the story of why we smoke in our heads. The first reason you started smoking is not the same reason for why you continued to smoke. Cigarettes DO NOT help us relax. Cigarettes do not give us confidence. Cigarettes do not go great with a coffee or drink…Cigarettes do make us ill, smell terrible, shorten our life span, and hurt others we care about through second hand smoke…you know as well as I do, smoking is not a smart thing to do.
When you actually take the first puff out of a cigarette and think, “Ah, that is good”, before coughing, you should realize it is actually the rush of fresh air that came in with the nicotine that make you think “that is good”. Try it now…take a deep breath and just notice how nice it does feel to take a good clean breath of fresh air. Better without the smoke actually.
The excuses, or fears, we create in our heads are also illusions. We won’t gain weight, be stressed out, or have terrible withdraw symptoms, as long as you don’t focus your attention on them. Instead you will focus on eating better and healthier foods, drinking more water and taking more exercise. IT IS EASY if you think it will be and are 100% committed to stop smoking. The success is based on your commitment to yourself to stop smoking for the rest of your life.
Some reminders as to what you will gain and the changes to your body when you stop smoking to encourage you…
Within 20 minutes of your last cigarette
- blood pressure drops to normal
- pulse rate drops to normal
- body temperature of hands and feet return to normal
8 hours after your last cigarette
- carbon monoxide levels in the blood drops to normal
- oxygen level in blood increases to normal – 8 hours – WOW
- you smell better and can smell better
- chances of a heart attack decreases
- Never endings start regrowing
- Your ability to smell and taste things is enhanced
- Bronchial tubes relax making breathing easier.
- Your lung capacity increases – how amazing is that?
2 weeks to 3 months
- Circulation improves
- Walking becomes easier as you have more breath literally
- Lung function increases by up to 30%
1 to 9 months
- Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue shortness of breath decrease
- Lung cilia re-grow increasing the ability to handle mucus and clean lungs
- Body’s overall energy increases
- Lung cancer death rate for average smoker almost halves
- Lung cancer death rate down to almost that of a non-smoker
- Pre-cancerous cells are replaced
- Other cancer risks decrease
And all these benefits are lost when you start smoking again so after this recording you will never have ONE puff again. Here’s to good health.