18 September 2012

Taking the time and get the balance back

I went on holiday to Greece.  It was fantastic.  We achieved that total relaxation you can only get going to some place warm without internet access and completely switch off from work.  Well now I'm back and having such a hard time getting back into my work routine while keeping my personal balance.

SO, I did what I tell my clients:  Wake up 1 hour early every morning for a week and use each hour to just clear out the clutter, plan your week, do your inbox reading each piece of paper only once.  It helps to sit at a big desk and make piles of action now, file, to do, weekend stuff, etc....  and then use one of those hours to get through it all.  It will make you feel back on track and back in control.

Remember to schedule in the down time as well (bath, read a book, go for a walk, meditate).  In a recent article I read about Joanna Lumley, she said every morning she stands outside (no matter what the weather) to ground herself.  I think that is a brilliant idea.  Good or bad weather, it is always good - if you know what I mean.

Good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment, you can do so here. All comments are moderated.