Ask yourself - What good is not going forward? Then write out a “positive and negatives list”; i.e. I want to get fit for 50 so I need to do the following:
If I don’t move forward, I will continue to gain weight, feel bad about my body image and self imagine. My clothes will be tight and I won’t feel comfortable wearing them. I will have less energy to do things. My health will deteriorate and could add potential health risks to my life, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, etc. I will be a bad role model for my daughter. I will let myself down. I will eat rubbish food and my body deserves better.
|Lose weight||All of the above that I don't want!|
|Look better – body firmer|
|Set a good example|
How can I do achieve this?
- Trial – set out daily goals of exercise – try something new or do exercise slightly longer. Write exercise time in my diary!
- Take action before motivation and motivation will follow
- Being, Doing, Having will get you there.
- Clear values run motivation–what is important? My health and well being physically and mentally
How do you get it?
- Make it a game – get rewards.
- JFDI (Just F_ _ _ing Do It) Excuse the “F” but in some cases it is necessary.
- Investigate on what works best
- Self talk – well done
- What could you achieve? Set goal.
- Life time – die in horrible way Diabetes/can’t move
- Alcohol – 6 month challenge & you will lose a high amount of weight and when you drink your resolve will go down
- Biggest common fear with change – You are frightened your life is going to be terrible and no more enjoyment and I am taking the fun away. But you know what, my clients all have had the best 6 months of their lives. Feel better, more energy, look better. No one has ever regretted making this change.
- Unconscious mind will hard on you but it is not impossible and you will feel better
- Project – what if you had a boss who said you have to lose it – how will you do it?
- You must agree what you are and are not willing to do.
- What got you to do stuff before – make lists
- List rewards – holiday/TV/Walk/Drinks/Clear desk
- Keep your focus on the “near” future and you will be rewarded daily.