24 May 2017

MY 6 WEEK DETOX DIARY AND SELF-HYPNOSIS – FOR YOUR BENEFIT (UPDATED WEEKLY – WEEK 4)

MY 6 WEEK DETOX DIARY AND SELF-HYPNOSIS – FOR YOUR BENEFIT (UPDATED WEEKLY – WEEK 4)  

Really loving it now, as I am seeing and feeling it more in my body.  I am still not pushing my yoga moves to extremes, (as I couldn’t bare the thought of a set back at this point) but still working up a sweat.  It is the same with running – not pushing myself to run faster or longer, if I don’t feel good in my body.  I am at least making sure it is a minimum of  a 20 minute jog.  

Still enjoying the detox tea and finding more and more that I don’t miss a lot of things I was in the habit of doing daily, like drinking a Starbucks Instant Latte – yuck.  It would taste like drinking 10 cubes of sugar diluted with milk.

I am changing colours on my calendar to keep it interesting and pretty, and enjoying placing my round “stars” for days I run or do additional yoga.  I am finding that breaking up my day with a run, walk or yoga is helping my shoulder loosen up when I have been typing too long.

Tips for this week for staying on track.

1. JDI – At this point I really don’t even think of not getting up first thing to do my yoga.  If I need to get up really early, I have booked yoga in my diary for when I get back.  As mentioned, I really like Yoga with Adrian (You Tube), and she has a 30 day with Adrian yoga program – and its free, so tomorrow start with her on day one!   I did go to a drop in yoga sessions to make sure I am doing the moves right.   It was helpful and I will go again before next week. 

2.  I can definitely notice that starting the day with exercise does lend itself to eating a healthier diet in general.  I wasn’t terrible, but I think more about what would be a balanced meal vs. same old, same old.  Having a lot more fruit and summer makes it easier to keep the variety interesting.

3.  Thankful for encouragement from friends and family.  I will try to start going on the weekend with a neighbour who is at my level of running, and the distraction of talking with someone will keep me going.  We will motivate each other to keep going.

4.  Listing the benefits after 4 weeks.  100% more energy, sleeping better, eating better, clothes fitting easier, body feels firmer, mind is sharper and more focused, being more productive in business and personal goals, and lastly but most importantly, I am happier in general.  This is no longer a 6 week detox, it is already become a life style detox.

5.  Final point.  When I do self hypnosis before bed or after yoga, I keep a picture in my head on how I want to feel and look after the 6 weeks.  I don’t do a count down, meaning that on week one I pictured myself in 6 weeks time, on week two, I again picture myself in 6 weeks time (not 5).  I keep projecting 6 weeks out so I keep the momentum in my head of an ongoing goal.   Lost 2 more pounds since last week!!!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.


See you next week and enjoy your week. Marygrace

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment, you can do so here. All comments are moderated.